Copy as Markdown
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Allow applications to interface with the Mac OS X system status bar.
interface nsISystemStatusBar : nsISupports
* Add an item to the system status bar. Each item can only be present once,
* subsequent addItem calls with the same element will be ignored.
* The system status bar holds a strong reference to the added XUL menu
* element and the item will stay in the status bar until it is removed via
* a call to removeItem, or until the process shuts down.
* @param aDOMMenuElement A XUL menu element that contains a XUL menupopup
* with regular menu content. The menu's icon is put
* into the system status bar; clicking it will open
* a menu with the contents of the menupopup.
* The menu label is not shown.
void addItem(in Element aMenuElement);
* Remove a previously-added item from the menu bar. Calling this with an
* element that has not been added before will be silently ignored.
* @param aDOMMenuElement The XUL menu element that you called addItem with.
void removeItem(in Element aMenuElement);