/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* nsIFormFillController is an interface for controlling form fill behavior
* on HTML documents. Any number of docShells can be controller concurrently.
* While a docShell is attached, all HTML documents that are loaded within it
* will have a focus listener attached that will listen for when a text input
* is focused. When this happens, the input will be bound to the
* global nsIAutoCompleteController service.
interface nsIFormFillController : nsISupports
* The input element the form fill controller is currently bound to.
readonly attribute HTMLInputElement focusedInput;
* Whether the autocomplete popup on a password field was automatically opened
* by the form fill controller (upon focus).
readonly attribute boolean passwordPopupAutomaticallyOpened;
// Only used by tests.
void attachPopupElementToDocument(in Document document, in Element popup);
void detachFromDocument(in Document document);
* Mark the specified <input> element as being managed by password manager.
* Autocomplete requests will be handed off to the password manager, and will
* not be stored in form history.
* @param aInput - The HTML <input> element to tag
[can_run_script] void markAsLoginManagerField(in HTMLInputElement aInput);
* Mark the specified <input> element as being managed by a form autofill component.
* Autocomplete requests will be handed off to the autofill component.
* @param aInput - The HTML <input> element to mark
[can_run_script] void markAsAutofillField(in HTMLInputElement aInput);
* Open the autocomplete popup, if possible.
[can_run_script] void showPopup();