/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* nsIIDNService interface.
* IDN (Internationalized Domain Name) support. Provides facilities
* for manipulating IDN hostnames according to the specification set
* forth by the IETF.
* IDN effort:
* IDNA specification:
interface nsIIDNService : nsISupports
* Prepares the input hostname according to IDNA ToASCII operation,
* the input hostname is assumed to be UTF8-encoded.
ACString convertUTF8toACE(in AUTF8String input);
* This is the ToUnicode operation as specified in the IDNA proposal,
* with an additional step to encode the result in UTF-8.
* It takes an ACE-encoded hostname and performs ToUnicode to it, then
* encodes the resulting string into UTF8.
AUTF8String convertACEtoUTF8(in ACString input);
* Checks if the input string is ACE encoded or not.
boolean isACE(in ACString input);
* Performs the unicode normalization needed for hostnames in IDN,
* for callers that want early normalization.
AUTF8String normalize(in AUTF8String input);
* Normalizes and converts a host to UTF-8 if the host is in the IDN
* whitelist, otherwise converts it to ACE. This is useful for display
* purposes and to ensure an encoding consistent with nsIURI::GetHost().
* If the result is ASCII or ACE encoded, |isASCII| will be true.
AUTF8String convertToDisplayIDN(in AUTF8String input, out boolean isASCII);