/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 8; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*-
* vim: set ts=8 sw=2 et tw=80:
* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* This interface acts as a container for an object serialized using the
* structured clone algorithm.
* You can copy an object into an nsIStructuredCloneContainer using
* initFromJSVal or initFromBase64. It's an error to initialize an
* nsIStructuredCloneContainer more than once.
* Once you've initialized the container, you can get a copy of the object it
* stores by calling deserializeToVariant. You can also get a base-64-encoded
* string containing a copy of the container's serialized data, using
interface nsIStructuredCloneContainer : nsISupports
* Initialize this structured clone container so it contains a clone of the
* given jsval.
void initFromJSVal(in jsval aData);
* Initialize this structured clone container from a base-64-encoded byte
* stream, stored in aData. aFormatVersion should be the version of the
* structured clone algorithm which was used to generate aData.
void initFromBase64(in AString aData, in unsigned long aFormatVersion);
* Deserializes this structured clone container returning it as a jsval.
* Can be called on main and worker threads.
* Deserialize the object this container holds, returning it wrapped as
* an nsIVariant.
* Main thread only!
* Get this structured clone container's data as a base-64-encoded string.
* Get the size in bytes of this container's serialized data.
readonly attribute unsigned long long serializedNBytes;
* Get the version of the structured clone algorithm which was used to
* generate this container's serialized buffer.
readonly attribute unsigned long formatVersion;