/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* An interface implemented by a tooltip text provider service. This
* service is called to discover what tooltip text is associated
* with the node that the pointer is positioned over.
* Embedders may implement and register their own tooltip text provider
* service if they wish to provide different tooltip text.
* The default service returns the text stored in the TITLE
* attribute of the node or a containing parent.
* The tooltip text provider service is registered with the contract
* defined in NS_TOOLTIPTEXTPROVIDER_CONTRACTID.
* @see nsITooltipListener
* @see nsIComponentManager
* @see Node
interface nsITooltipTextProvider : nsISupports
* Called to obtain the tooltip text for a node.
* @arg aNode The node to obtain the text from.
* @arg aText The tooltip text.
* @arg aDirection The text direction (ltr or rtl) to use
* @return <CODE>PR_TRUE</CODE> if tooltip text is associated
* with the node and was returned in the aText argument;
* <CODE>PR_FALSE</CODE> otherwise.
boolean getNodeText(in Node aNode, out wstring aText, out wstring aDirection);