/* -*- Mode: IDL; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* An optional interface for embedding clients wishing to receive
* notifications for when a tooltip should be displayed or removed.
* The embedder implements this interface on the web browser chrome
* object associated with the window that notifications are required
* @see nsITooltipTextProvider
interface nsITooltipListener : nsISupports
* Called when a tooltip should be displayed.
* @param aXCoords The tooltip left edge X coordinate.
* @param aYCoords The tooltip top edge Y coordinate.
* @param aTipText The text to display in the tooltip, typically obtained
* from the TITLE attribute of the node (or containing parent)
* over which the pointer has been positioned.
* @param aTipDir The direction (ltr or rtl) in which to display the text
* Coordinates are specified in pixels, relative to the top-left
* corner of the browser area.
* @return <code>NS_OK</code> if the tooltip was displayed.
void onShowTooltip(in long aXCoords, in long aYCoords, in AString aTipText,
in AString aTipDir);
* Called when the tooltip should be hidden, either because the pointer
* has moved or the tooltip has timed out.