Copy as Markdown
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Handles arguments on the command line of an XUL application.
* Each handler is registered in the category "command-line-handler".
* The entries in this category are read in alphabetical order, and each
* category value is treated as a service contractid implementing this
* By convention, handler with ordinary priority should begin with "m".
* Category Entry Value
* command-line-handler c-extensions @mozilla.org/extension-manager/clh;1
* command-line-handler m-edit @mozilla.org/composer/clh;1
* command-line-handler m-irc @mozilla.org/chatzilla/clh;1
* command-line-handler y-final @mozilla.org/browser/clh-final;1
* @note What do we do about localizing helpInfo? Do we make each handler do it,
* or provide a generic solution of some sort? Don't freeze this interface
* without thinking about this!
interface nsICommandLineHandler : nsISupports
* Process a command line. If this handler finds arguments that it
* understands, it should perform the appropriate actions (such as opening
* a window), and remove the arguments from the command-line array.
* @throw NS_ERROR_ABORT to immediately cease command-line handling
* (if this is STATE_INITIAL_LAUNCH, quits the app).
* All other exceptions are silently ignored.
void handle(in nsICommandLine aCommandLine);
* When the app is launched with the --help argument, this attribute
* is retrieved and displayed to the user (on stdout). The text should
* have embedded newlines which wrap at 76 columns, and should include
* a newline at the end. By convention, the right column which contains flag
* descriptions begins at the 24th character.
readonly attribute AUTF8String helpInfo;