/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 8; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* vim: set sw=2 ts=8 et tw=80 : */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* This interface is intended for providing authentication for http-style
* channels, like nsIHttpChannel and nsIWebSocket, which implement the
* nsIHttpAuthenticableChannel interface.
* When requesting pages AddAuthorizationHeaders MUST be called
* in order to get the http cached headers credentials. When the request is
* unsuccessful because of receiving either a 401 or 407 http response code
* ProcessAuthentication MUST be called and the page MUST be requested again
* with the new credentials that the user has provided. After a successful
* request, checkForSuperfluousAuth MAY be called, and disconnect MUST be
interface nsIHttpChannelAuthProvider : nsICancelable
* Initializes the http authentication support for the channel.
* Implementations must hold a weak reference of the channel.
[must_use] void init(in nsIHttpAuthenticableChannel channel);
* Upon receipt of a server challenge, this function is called to determine
* the credentials to send.
* @param httpStatus
* the http status received.
* @param sslConnectFailed
* if the last ssl tunnel connection attempt was or not successful.
* @param callback
* the callback to be called when it returns NS_ERROR_IN_PROGRESS.
* The implementation must hold a weak reference.
* @returns NS_OK if the credentials were got and set successfully.
* NS_ERROR_IN_PROGRESS if the credentials are going to be asked to
* the user. The channel reference must be
* alive until the feedback from
* nsIHttpAuthenticableChannel's methods or
* until disconnect be called.
[must_use] void processAuthentication(in unsigned long httpStatus,
in boolean sslConnectFailed);
* Add credentials from the http auth cache.
* @param dontUseCachedWWWCreds
* When true, the method will not add any Authorization headers from
* the auth cache.
[must_use] void addAuthorizationHeaders(in boolean dontUseCachedWWWCreds);
* Check if an unnecessary(and maybe malicious) url authentication has been
[must_use] void checkForSuperfluousAuth();
* Cancel pending user auth prompts and release the callback and channel
* weak references.
[must_use] void disconnect(in nsresult status);
* Clear the proxy ident to not consider it invalid on re-athentication.
* Called when the channel finds out its transaction has been internally