Copy as Markdown
/* -*- Mode: IDL; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* This interface allows the proxy code to use platform-specific proxy
* settings when the proxy preference is set to "automatic discovery". This service
* acts like a PAC parser to netwerk, but it will actually read the system settings and
* either return the proper proxy data from the autoconfig URL specified in the system proxy,
* or generate proxy data based on the system's manual proxy settings.
interface nsISystemProxySettings : nsISupports
* Whether or not it is appropriate to execute getProxyForURI off the main thread.
* If that method can block (e.g. for WPAD as windows does) then it must be
* not mainThreadOnly to avoid creating main thread jank. The main thread only option is
* provided for implementations that do not block but use other main thread only
* functions such as dbus.
readonly attribute bool mainThreadOnly;
* If non-empty, use this PAC file. If empty, call getProxyForURI instead.
readonly attribute AUTF8String PACURI;
* See ProxyAutoConfig::getProxyForURI; this function behaves similarly except
* a more relaxed return string is allowed that includes full urls instead of just
* host:port syntax. e.g. "PROXY http://www.foo.com:8080" instead of
* "PROXY www.foo.com:8080"
AUTF8String getProxyForURI(in AUTF8String testSpec,
in AUTF8String testScheme,
in AUTF8String testHost,
in int32_t testPort);