/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
interface nsIStreamLoaderObserver : nsISupports
* Called when the entire stream has been loaded.
* @param loader the stream loader that loaded the stream.
* @param ctxt the context parameter of the underlying channel
* @param status the status of the underlying channel
* @param resultLength the length of the data loaded
* @param result the data
* This method will always be called asynchronously by the
* nsIStreamLoader involved, on the thread that called the
* loader's init() method.
* If the observer wants to take over responsibility for the
* data buffer (result), it returns NS_SUCCESS_ADOPTED_DATA
* in place of NS_OK as its success code. The loader will then
* "forget" about the data and not free() it after
* onStreamComplete() returns; observer must call free()
* when the data is no longer required.
void onStreamComplete(in nsIStreamLoader loader,
in nsISupports ctxt,
in nsresult status,
in unsigned long resultLength,
[const,array,size_is(resultLength)] in octet result);
* Asynchronously loads a channel into a memory buffer.
* To use this interface, first call init() with a nsIStreamLoaderObserver
* that will be notified when the data has been loaded. Then call asyncOpen()
* on the channel with the nsIStreamLoader as the listener. The context
* argument in the asyncOpen() call will be passed to the onStreamComplete()
* XXX define behaviour for sizes >4 GB
interface nsIStreamLoader : nsIStreamListener
* Initialize this stream loader, and start loading the data.
* @param aStreamObserver
* An observer that will be notified when the data is complete.
* @param aRequestObserver
* An optional observer that will be notified when the request
* has started or stopped.
void init(in nsIStreamLoaderObserver aStreamObserver,
[optional] in nsIRequestObserver aRequestObserver);
* Gets the number of bytes read so far.
readonly attribute unsigned long numBytesRead;
* Gets the request that loaded this file.
* null after the request has finished loading.
readonly attribute nsIRequest request;