Copy as Markdown
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Used on the chrome process as a service to join channel implementation
* and parent IPC protocol side under a unique id. Provides this way a generic
* communication while redirecting to various protocols.
* See also nsIChildChannel and nsIParentChannel.
[scriptable, uuid (efa36ea2-5b07-46fc-9534-a5acb8b77b72)]
interface nsIRedirectChannelRegistrar : nsISupports
* Register the redirect target channel. The passed id needs to be a
* unique ID for that channel (see `nsContentUtils::GenerateLoadIdentifier`).
* Primarily used in ParentChannelListener::AsyncOnChannelRedirect to get
* a channel id sent to the HttpChannelChild being redirected.
void registerChannel(in nsIChannel channel, in uint64_t id);
* First, search for the channel registered under the id. If found return
* it. Then, register under the same id the parent side of IPC protocol
* to let it be later grabbed back by the originator of the redirect and
* notifications from the real channel could be forwarded to this parent
* Primarily used in parent side of an IPC protocol implementation
* in reaction to nsIChildChannel.connectParent(id) called from the child
nsIChannel linkChannels(in uint64_t id, in nsIParentChannel channel);
* Returns back the channel previously registered under the ID with
* registerChannel method.
* Primarilly used in chrome IPC side of protocols when attaching a redirect
* target channel to an existing 'real' channel implementation.
nsIChannel getRegisteredChannel(in uint64_t id);
* Returns the stream listener that shall be attached to the redirect target
* channel, all notification from the redirect target channel will be
* forwarded to this stream listener.
* Primarilly used in HttpChannelParent::OnRedirectResult callback to grab
* the created parent side of the channel and forward notifications to it.
nsIParentChannel getParentChannel(in uint64_t id);
* To not force all channel implementations to support weak reference
* consumers of this service must ensure release of registered channels them
* self. This releases both the real and parent channel registered under
* the id.
* Primarilly used in HttpChannelParent::OnRedirectResult callback.
void deregisterChannels(in uint64_t id);