Copy as Markdown
/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* This interface is implemented by channels which support overriding the
* privacy state of the channel.
* This interface must be used only from the XPCOM main thread.
interface nsIPrivateBrowsingChannel : nsISupports
* Determine whether the channel is tied to a private browsing window.
* This value can be set only before the channel is opened. Setting it
* after that does not have any effect. This value overrides the privacy
* state of the channel, which means that if you call this method, then
* the loadGroup and load context will no longer be consulted when we
* need to know the private mode status for a channel.
* Note that this value is only meant to be used when the channel's privacy
* status cannot be obtained from the loadGroup or load context (for
* example, when the channel is not associated with any loadGroup or load
* context.) Setting this value directly should be avoided if possible.
* Implementations must enforce the ordering semantics of this function by
* raising errors if setPrivate is called on a channel which has a loadGroup
* and/or callbacks that implement nsILoadContext, or if the loadGroup
* or notificationCallbacks are set after setPrivate has been called.
* @param aPrivate whether the channel should be opened in private mode.
void setPrivate(in boolean aPrivate);
* States whether the channel is in private browsing mode. This may either
* happen because the channel is opened from a private mode context or
* when the mode is explicitly set with ::setPrivate().
* This attribute is equivalent to NS_UsePrivateBrowsing(), but scriptable.
readonly attribute boolean isChannelPrivate;
* This function is used to determine whether the channel's private mode
* has been overridden by a call to setPrivate. It is intended to be used
* by NS_UsePrivateBrowsing(), and you should not call it directly.
* @param aValue the overridden value. This will only be set if the function
* returns true.
[noscript] boolean isPrivateModeOverriden(out boolean aValue);