/* -*- Mode: Java; tab-width: 4; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 4 -*-
* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/.
[ptr] native PRFileDescStar(PRFileDesc);
[scriptable, builtinclass, uuid(e7a3a954-384b-4aeb-a5f7-55626b0de9be)]
interface nsILocalFileWin : nsIFile
* Initialize this object based on the main app path of a commandline
* @param aCommandLine
* the commandline to parse an app path out of.
void initWithCommandLine(in AString aCommandLine);
* Retrieve a metadata field from the file's VERSIONINFO block.
* Throws NS_ERROR_FAILURE if no value is found, or the value is empty.
* @param aField The field to look up.
AString getVersionInfoField(in string aField);
* The canonical path of the file, which avoids short/long
* pathname inconsistencies. The nsIFile persistent
* descriptor is not guaranteed to be canonicalized (it may
* persist either the long or the short path name). The format of
* the canonical path will vary with the underlying file system:
* it will typically be the short pathname on filesystems that
* support both short and long path forms.
readonly attribute AString canonicalPath;
[noscript] readonly attribute ACString nativeCanonicalPath;
* Windows specific file attributes.
* WFA_SEARCH_INDEXED: Generally the default on files in Windows except
* those created in temp locations. Valid on XP and up. When set the
* file or directory is marked to be indexed by desktop search services.
const unsigned long WFA_SEARCH_INDEXED = 1;
* WFA_READONLY: Whether the file is readonly or not.
const unsigned long WFA_READONLY = 2;
* WFA_READWRITE: Used to clear the readonly attribute.
const unsigned long WFA_READWRITE = 4;
* Set or get windows specific file attributes.
* Throws NS_ERROR_FILE_INVALID_PATH for an invalid file.
* Throws NS_ERROR_FAILURE if the set or get fails.
attribute unsigned long fileAttributesWin;
* Setting this to true will prepend the prefix "\\?\" to all parsed file
* paths which match ^[A-Za-z]:\\.* (regex) syntax.
* There are two known issues (and potentially more) which can be resolved
* by the prefix:
* - In the Windows API, the maximum length for a path is MAX_PATH in
* general. However, Windows API has many functions that also have Unicode
* versions to permit an extended-length path for a maximum total path
* length of 32,767 characters.
* - A path component which ends with a dot is not allowed for Windows
* If either of these issues are expected to be common in your code, you
* should set this flag to true. (You should probably not have to set this
* flag to true.)
attribute boolean useDOSDevicePathSyntax;
* Identical to nsIFile::openNSPRFileDesc except it also uses the
* FILE_SHARE_DELETE flag.
[noscript] PRFileDescStar openNSPRFileDescShareDelete(in long flags,
in long mode);