/* -*- Mode: IDL; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Version strings are dot-separated sequences of version-parts.
* A version-part consists of up to four parts, all of which are optional:
* <number-a><string-b><number-c><string-d (everything else)>
* A version-part may also consist of a single asterisk "*" which indicates
* Numbers are base-10, and are zero if left out.
* Strings are compared bytewise.
* For additional backwards compatibility, if "string-b" is "+" then
* "number-a" is incremented by 1 and "string-b" becomes "pre".
* < 1.0pre2
* < 1.0 == 1.0.0 == 18.104.22.168
* < 1.1pre == 1.1pre0 == 1.0+
* < 1.1pre1a
* < 1.1pre1
* < 1.1pre10a
* < 1.1pre10
* Although not required by this interface, it is recommended that
* numbers remain within the limits of a signed char, i.e. -127 to 128.
interface nsIVersionComparator : nsISupports
* Compare two version strings
* @param A The first version
* @param B The second version
* @returns < 0 if A < B
* = 0 if A == B
* > 0 if A > B
long compare(in ACString A, in ACString B);