/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* This service allows access to the current thread's Chromium MessageLoop
* instance, with some extra sugar added. If you're calling from C++, it may
* or may not make sense for you to use this interface. If you're calling from
* JS, you don't have a choice!
* Right now, you can only call PostIdleTask(), and the wrath of khuey is
* stopping you from adding other methods.
* nsIMessageLoop's contractid is "@mozilla.org/message-loop;1".
interface nsIMessageLoop : nsISupports
* Posts a task to be run when this thread's message loop is idle, or after
* ensureRunsAfterMS milliseconds have elapsed. (That is, the task is
* guaranteed to run /eventually/.)
* Note that if the event loop is busy, we will hold a reference to the task
* until ensureRunsAfterMS milliseconds have elapsed. Be careful when
* specifying long timeouts and tasks which hold references to windows or
* other large objects, because you can leak memory in a difficult-to-detect
void postIdleTask(in nsIRunnable task, in uint32_t ensureRunsAfterMS);