/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 8; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* vim: set ts=8 sts=2 et sw=2 tw=80: */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
[ptr] native FILE(FILE);
* A simple interface for writing to a .gz file.
* Note that the file that this interface produces has a different format than
* what you'd get if you compressed your data as a gzip stream and dumped the
* result to a file.
* The standard gunzip tool cannot decompress a raw gzip stream, but can handle
* the files produced by this interface.
interface nsIGZFileWriter : nsISupports
* Initialize this object. We'll write our gzip'ed data to the given file,
* overwriting its contents if the file exists.
* init() will return an error if called twice. It's an error to call any
* other method on this interface without first calling init().
[must_use] void init(in nsIFile file);
* Alternate version of init() for use when the file is already opened;
* e.g., with a FileDescriptor passed over IPC.
[noscript, must_use] void initANSIFileDesc(in FILE file);
* Write the given string to the file.
[must_use] void write(in AUTF8String str);
* The following two overloads of Write() are C++ because we can't overload
* methods in XPIDL. Anyway, they don't add much functionality for JS
* Write the given char* to the file (not including the null-terminator).
[[nodiscard]] nsresult Write(const char* str)
return Write(str, strlen(str));
* Write |length| bytes of |str| to the file.
[[nodiscard]] nsresult Write(const char* str, uint32_t len)
return Write(nsDependentCSubstring(str, len));
* Close this nsIGZFileWriter. Classes implementing nsIGZFileWriter will run
* this method when the underlying object is destroyed, so it's not strictly
* necessary to explicitly call it from your code.
* It's an error to call this method twice, and it's an error to call write()
* after finish() has been called.