Copy as Markdown
/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 2; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Helper interface for nsIProfileMigrator.
* @provider Toolkit (Startup code)
* @client Application (Profile-migration code)
* @obtainable nsIProfileMigrator.migrate
interface nsIProfileStartup : nsISupports
* The root directory of the semi-current profile, during profile migration.
* After nsIProfileMigrator.migrate has returned, this object will not be
readonly attribute nsIFile directory;
* Do profile-startup by setting NS_APP_USER_PROFILE_50_DIR in the directory
* service and notifying the profile-startup observer topics.
* Migrate application settings from an outside source.
* @provider Application (Profile-migration code)
* @client Toolkit (Startup code)
* @obtainable service, contractid("@mozilla.org/toolkit/profile-migrator;1")
interface nsIProfileMigrator : nsISupports
* Migrate data from an outside source, if possible. Does nothing
* When this method is called, a default profile has been created;
* XPCOM has been initialized such that compreg.dat is in the
* profile; the directory service does *not* return a key for
* NS_APP_USER_PROFILE_50_DIR or any of the keys depending on an active
* profile. To figure out the directory of the "current" profile, use
* If your migrator needs to access services that use the profile (to
* set profile prefs or bookmarks, for example), use aStartup.doStartup.
* @param aStartup nsIProfileStartup object to use during migration.
* @param aKey optional key of a migrator to use to skip source selection.
* @param aProfileName optional name of the profile to use for migration.
* @note The startup code ignores COM exceptions thrown from this method.
void migrate(in nsIProfileStartup aStartup, in ACString aKey,
[optional] in AUTF8String aProfileName);
#define NS_PROFILEMIGRATOR_CONTRACTID "@mozilla.org/toolkit/profile-migrator;1"