Copy as Markdown
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Representation of a cache storage. There can be just-in-mem,
* in-mem+on-disk, in-mem+on-disk+app-cache or just a specific
* app-cache storage.
interface nsICacheStorage : nsISupports
* Placeholder for specifying "no special flags" during open.
const uint32_t OPEN_NORMALLY = 0;
* Rewrite any existing data when opening a URL.
const uint32_t OPEN_TRUNCATE = 1 << 0;
* Only open an existing entry. Don't create a new one.
const uint32_t OPEN_READONLY = 1 << 1;
* Use for first-paint blocking loads.
const uint32_t OPEN_PRIORITY = 1 << 2;
* Bypass the cache load when write is still in progress.
const uint32_t OPEN_BYPASS_IF_BUSY = 1 << 3;
* Perform the cache entry check (onCacheEntryCheck invocation) on any thread
* for optimal perfomance optimization. If this flag is not specified it is
* ensured that onCacheEntryCheck is called on the same thread as respective
* asyncOpen has been called.
const uint32_t CHECK_MULTITHREADED = 1 << 4;
* Don't automatically update any 'last used' metadata of the entry.
const uint32_t OPEN_SECRETLY = 1 << 5;
* Entry is being opened as part of a service worker interception. Do not
* allow the cache to be disabled in this case.
const uint32_t OPEN_INTERCEPTED = 1 << 6;
* Asynchronously opens a cache entry for the specified URI.
* Result is fetched asynchronously via the callback.
* @param aURI
* The URI to search in cache or to open for writting.
* @param aIdExtension
* Any string that will extend (distinguish) the entry. Two entries
* with the same aURI but different aIdExtension will be comletely
* different entries. If you don't know what aIdExtension should be
* leave it empty.
* @param aFlags
* OPEN_NORMALLY - open cache entry normally for read and write
* OPEN_TRUNCATE - delete any existing entry before opening it
* OPEN_READONLY - don't create an entry if there is none
* OPEN_PRIORITY - give this request a priority over others
* OPEN_BYPASS_IF_BUSY - backward compatibility only, LOAD_BYPASS_LOCAL_CACHE_IF_BUSY
* CHECK_MULTITHREADED - onCacheEntryCheck may be called on any thread, consumer
* implementation is thread-safe
* @param aCallback
* The consumer that receives the result.
* IMPORTANT: The callback may be called sooner the method returns.
void asyncOpenURI(in nsIURI aURI, in ACString aIdExtension,
in uint32_t aFlags,
in nsICacheEntryOpenCallback aCallback);
* Immediately opens a new and empty cache entry in the storage, any existing
* entries are immediately doomed. This is similar to the recreate() method
* on nsICacheEntry.
* Storage may not implement this method and throw NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED.
* In that case consumer must use asyncOpen with OPEN_TRUNCATE flag and get
* the new entry via a callback.
* @param aURI @see asyncOpenURI
* @param aIdExtension @see asyncOpenURI
nsICacheEntry openTruncate(in nsIURI aURI,
in ACString aIdExtension);
* Synchronously check on existance of an entry. In case of disk entries
* this uses information from the cache index. When the index data are not
* up to date or index is still building, NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE is thrown.
* The same error may throw any storage implementation that cannot determine
* entry state without blocking the caller.
boolean exists(in nsIURI aURI, in ACString aIdExtension);
* Synchronously check on existance of alternative data and size of the
* content. When the index data are not up to date or index is still building,
* NS_ERROR_NOT_AVAILABLE is thrown. The same error may throw any storage
* implementation that cannot determine entry state without blocking the caller.
void getCacheIndexEntryAttrs(in nsIURI aURI,
in ACString aIdExtension,
out bool aHasAltData,
out uint32_t aSizeInKB);
* Asynchronously removes an entry belonging to the URI from the cache.
void asyncDoomURI(in nsIURI aURI, in ACString aIdExtension,
in nsICacheEntryDoomCallback aCallback);
* Asynchronously removes all cached entries under this storage.
* NOTE: Disk storage also evicts memory storage.
void asyncEvictStorage(in nsICacheEntryDoomCallback aCallback);
* Visits the storage and its entries.
* NOTE: Disk storage also visits memory storage.
void asyncVisitStorage(in nsICacheStorageVisitor aVisitor,
in boolean aVisitEntries);