Copy as Markdown
/* -*- Mode: C++; tab-width: 8; indent-tabs-mode: nil; c-basic-offset: 2 -*- */
/* vim: set ts=8 sts=2 et sw=2 tw=80: */
/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* To be used by classes which implement nsIStreamListener and whose
* OnDataAvailable callback may be retargeted for delivery off the main thread.
interface nsIThreadRetargetableStreamListener : nsIStreamListener
* Checks this listener and any next listeners it may have to verify that
* they can receive OnDataAvailable off the main thread. It is the
* responsibility of the implementing class to decide on the criteria to
* determine if retargeted delivery of these methods is possible, but it must
* check any and all nsIStreamListener objects that might be called in the
* listener chain.
* An exception should be thrown if a listener in the chain does not
* support retargeted delivery, i.e. if the next listener does not implement
* nsIThreadRetargetableStreamListener, or a call to its checkListenerChain()
* Used for sending OMT notifications to listeners to notify them about data stop.
* After this notification, the listeners could potentially start processing the data OMT.
* The ChannelEventQueue implementation ensures that the OnDataFinished is
* run on the ODA target thread after the last OnDataAvailable is executed on
* the ODA target thread and before OnStopRequest is dispatched to the main thread.
* Hence, the following order is guaranteed for the listeners, even with ODA/ODF running off MainThread.
* 1. OnStartRequest
* 2. OnDataAvailable
* 3. OnDataFinished
* 4. OnStopRequest
void onDataFinished(in nsresult aStatusCode);