/* This Source Code Form is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public
* License, v. 2.0. If a copy of the MPL was not distributed with this
* file, You can obtain one at http://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/. */
* Interface for a wrapper of a JS WebVTT parser (vtt.js).
interface nsIWebVTTParserWrapper : nsISupports
* Loads the JS WebVTTParser and sets it to use the passed window to create
* VTTRegions and VTTCues. This function must be called before calling
* parse, flush, or watch.
* @param window The window that the parser will use to create VTTCues and
void loadParser(in mozIDOMWindow window);
* Attempts to parse the stream's data as WebVTT format. When it successfully
* parses a WebVTT region or WebVTT cue it will create a VTTRegion or VTTCue
* object and pass it back to the callee through its callbacks.
* @param data The buffer that contains the WebVTT data received by the
* Necko consumer so far.
void parse(in ACString data);
* Flush indicates that no more data is expected from the stream. As such the
* parser should try to parse any kind of partial data it has.
* Set this parser object to use an nsIWebVTTListener object for its onCue
* and onRegion callbacks.
* @param callback The nsIWebVTTListener object that exposes onCue and
* onRegion callbacks for the parser.
void watch(in nsIWebVTTListener callback);
* Cancel watching notifications which parser would send.
* Convert the text content of a WebVTT cue to a document fragment so that
* we can display it on the page.
* @param window A window object with which the document fragment will be
* @param cue The cue whose content will be converted to a document
DocumentFragment convertCueToDOMTree(in mozIDOMWindow window,
in nsISupports cue);
* Compute the display state of the VTTCues in cues along with any VTTRegions
* that they might be in. First, it computes the positioning and styling of
* the cues and regions passed and converts them into a DOM tree rooted at
* a containing HTMLDivElement. It then adjusts those computed divs for
* overlap avoidance using the dimensions of 'overlay'. Finally, it adds the
* computed divs to the VTTCues display state property for use later.
* @param window A window object with which it will create the DOM tree
* and containing div element.
* @param cues An array of VTTCues who need there display state to be
* @param overlay The HTMLElement that the cues will be displayed within.
* @param controls The video control element that will affect cues position.
void processCues(in mozIDOMWindow window, in nsIVariant cues,
in nsISupports overlay, in nsISupports controls);
#define NS_WEBVTTPARSERWRAPPER_CONTRACTID "@mozilla.org/webvttParserWrapper;1"